Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Avoid Instant Cash Sweepstakes.

If you're looking for a rewards program, I'd suggest steering clear of Instant Cash Sweepstakes. I answered trivia questions for nearly a month, won and cashed out for $2.07...and got charged $0.36 by Paypal for the privilege, because Instant Cash Sweepstakes sent the money as if they'd bought something from me, rather than as a personal transaction. They tried to feed me a line of bull about being a business.

I participate in many online rewards programs, and despite all of them being businesses, I have never been charged a fee. Not on Paypal or any other sort of cashout or prize.

I repeat - they sent the money in such a way that I was charged a fee on sweepstakes winnings. Which, being meager to begin with, was a 17% loss. Nowhere in their FAQ do they warn you about this. (Or at least, they don't as of this date. Just checked.)

AVOID AVOID AVOID.

(Can you tell I'm ticked. Because I am.)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP